Let's celebrate Independence Day with the Healthiest Red, White & Blue Cookies. These cookies are super moist thanks to blackberries which are rich in Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. The blackberries turn the dough purple, but as it chills in the refrigerator it interacts with the baking soda to turn a beautiful blue. Add some palm oil-free White Chocolate Chips and fiber-rich Freeze-Dried Raspberries and you have the perfect patriotic cookies.
- 1/3 c Butter, softened
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 3/4 c Blackberries
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/3 c Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 c Palm Oil-Free White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 c Freeze Dried Raspberries
- Cream butter with sugar with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Puree blackberries in food processor and add to butter mixture along with Vanilla.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and sea salt and add to butter mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and freeze-dried raspberries. Cover with compostable wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes and move to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Makes 15 scrumptious cookies.