Did you know that microgreens can contain up to 40x the level of antioxidants and vitamins as mature leafy greens? They are perfect to sneak into any comfort treat for added nutrition. Here's the recipe for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies with Microgreens.
- 1/3 c Solid Coconut Oil
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 2 Egg Yoks
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Handful of microgreens
- 1/2 c Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat coconut oil with sugar for 30 seconds, until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, form balls and place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on pan for 3 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely. Better yet, eat them warm.
Makes 16 cookies.
Watch how it's made HERE.
See how easy it is to grow microgreens at home HERE.