With Halloween around the corner, it's time for some spooky treats.🕷️🕸️ These Spiderweb Mochi Donuts are easy to make with your family. I love the combination of the chewiness from the mochi with the dark chocolate icing. Top it with a cute spider ring (from any craft store) and you have the perfect Halloween treat.
These yummy donuts are Gluten-Free, Vegan and Refined Sugar-Free. Here's how I make them.
- 1 1/4 c Mochiko Sweet Glutinous Rice
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal plus 3 tbsp Warm Water - sit for 5-10 minutes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 3/4 c Plant-Based Milk of your choice
- 1/3 c Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 c Monkfruit Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Plant-Based Milk of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mochiko flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix coconut oil and coconut sugar. Add in flax egg and stir to combine. Add vanilla, vinegar and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Scoop batter into a pastry bag (or compostable gallon storage bag with corner snipped) and gently squeeze batter into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate in a bowl in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir to fully melt chocolate.
- Dip cooled donuts in chocolate, swirling to fully coat. Repeat with all donuts.
- Combine monkfruit powdered sugar with plant-based milk and place in a (compostable) sandwich bag. Snip corner the size of a ballpoint pen. Gently squeeze an inner and outer circle.
- Use toothpick and pull it through starting from the insider out. Repeat every 1/2" until you go around the whole donut. Optional: place spider ring in center.
Makes 6 chewy, decadent donuts.