Diwali is the festival of lights celebrated by Hindus. My daughter made these Soft & Chewy Cardamom Cookies for her Indian friend.
- In stand mixer or large bowl, beat butter and sugar together for 5 minutes. Then add the eggs in one at a time and mix.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, Royal Cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of Cloud Forest Cardamom.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325. Stir together 1/2 tsp Cloud Forest Cardamom with 1.5 tbsp Sugar in a bowl.
- Scoop dough using small cookie scooper and roll in the cardamom/sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or silicone mat, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes and move to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Makes 18 cookies.