SNICKERS STUFFED DATES
I’m not a big candy fan, but I do enjoy the occasional Snickers and Twix bars. So when I saw that people were making a healthy, plant-based “Snickers” from stuffed dates, I had to try it. It did not disappoint. Even my kids loved it! The gummy texture from dates resembles the caramel from a snickers bar. It’s very interesting and certainly surprisingly. Check out my 20 second video on how it’s made and the recipe below. Let me know if you try it.
INGREDIENT GEEK ALERT
Each of the ingredients in this recipe is delicious on its own. But, together it transforms into a mouthwatering nutritious sweet treat. I could eat these every day.
Medjool dates are tropical stone fruits enjoyed for their natural sweetness and caramel-like taste. Native to Morocco, they come from the date palm tree. They contain 50% more potassium than bananas. Just 2 Medjool dates provides 19% of your Copper DV (helps your body absorb iron), 2% of Iron DV (needed to transport oxygen) and 2% of Calcium DV (for strong bones).
Organic Peanut Butter
Organic Peanut Butter is rich in protein which your body needs to produce energy. Ensure that your peanut butter only has one ingredient: peanuts. It should also be organic since peanuts are also prone to developing a family of toxins called aflatoxins, which are a known carcinogen, according to the National Cancer Institute. Buying organic peanuts reduces exposure to pesticides.
Dark Chocolate is rich in antioxidants and minerals. It has 8X the amount of antioxidants than strawberries. Antioxidants help your body to fight off damaging free radicals. Plus, it’s rich in iron and fiber.
Edible Rose Petals
Certain flowers are not only beautiful, but also edible. Rose Blossoms from Suncore Foods are one of them. These pretty dried rose blossoms add a hint of rose flavor.
Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. They are a true match made in heaven. The saltiness from the sea salt complements the sweetness from dark chocolate.
Passionfruit Golden Flakes
Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes from Suncore Foods are a gorgeous addition to any treat. They are made from organic passion fruit and adds a natural golden sparkle.
- 9 Medjool Dates
- ¼ c Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 c Dark Chocolate Chips/ Chunks – recommend Kanda Chocolates
- Pinch of Suncore Foods Dried Rose Blossoms
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Suncore Amber Sparkly Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes
- Carefully slice open medjool dates with a pairing knife and remove pit
- Fill piping bag with small tip and organic peanut butter. Gently squeeze to fill date. Do not overfill. Repeat with remaining dates.
- Gently press dates close.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds followed by 15 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Insert toothpick into date and gently dip date in melted chocolate.
- Place on plate lined with parchment paper (to prevent sticking).
- Decorate with Dried Rose Blossoms, Seat Salt and Passion Fruit Sparkle Flakes.
- Chill 15 minutes.
Makes: 9 Yummy Snickers Stuffed Dates