“Anyone who gives you a cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven is a friend for life.” — Daniel Handler
Whip up some Cinnamon Rolls and win Best Friend Award.
1. Dough: In a medium pot, heat the milk and butter until melted (not boiling). Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees F.
2. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes. Then add 1 tbsp sugar and the salt and stir.
3. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with olive oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
4. Filling: On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (about 1/4-inch). Brush with melted butter and top with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a string of floss, cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8×8-inch square.
6. Preheat oven to 350 and set the pan on top of the oven. Bake rolls for 25 minutes.
7. Icing: Mix confectioner's sugar with milk and drizzle over. Enjoy warm!