Harry Potter Banana Bread Donuts
Which Hogwarts house would you be in? Gryffindor for me. My family is dressing up as characters from Harry Potter for Halloween since my daughter and I are HUGE fans. She made these incredibly moist, low sugar Banana Bread Donuts to celebrate. Here's the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas and add milk, canola oil and vinegar to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Add flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg to a medium-sized bowl and mix until combined
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined
- Pipe or spoon banana bread mixture into a non-stick donut tray. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Let donuts cool in the pan. After 15 minutes, turn donuts out onto a cooling rack.
- In 4 separate bowls, mix 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, milk and a food coloring. Dip donuts in colored icing.
- Create Snitch using Ferrero Rocher chocolate by removing brown paper and attaching custom made Snitch wings from Luna Bella Party & Designs. Add Snitch to center of donuts and have your family select their Hogwarts house.