Life is better with a chocolate donut in hand. Especially when it's made with good-for-you ingredients like Sweet Potatoes. Here's the recipe as promised.
Galaxy Sweet Potato Donuts
1 small sweet potato
2 large eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup @anthonysgoods organic cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
4 tablespoons AP flour (Gluten-Free Blend for GF)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, split into 3 bowls
3 tsp filtered water, split into 3 bowls
1 tsp Suncore Foods Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease a donut pan with coconut oil
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients for donuts until smooth.
Spoon the batter into the donut pan.
3. Bake on 350F for about 16 minutes until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes and move to cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
4. In each bowl, add 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar and 1 tsp filtered water. Add to first bowl Pink Pitaya Supercolor and to second bowl Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor. Stir each bowl with separate spatula/ spoon. You should have pink, purple and white icing bowls.
5. Carefully add each colored icing to a flat raised plate in color blocks.
6. Dip donut, gently turning to give it a swirl pattern. Let frosting dry for 30 minutes. Enjoy!