Here are some fun ideas for Easter.
1. Bake Carrot Cake Cupcakes and turn them into bunnies.
The trick is to insert small aluminum balls around the cupcake batter prior to baking. Use Tip #233 to pipe bunny. Finish face with naturally colored sprinkles and melted dark chocolate.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2/3 c Organic Canola Oil
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 c Shredded Carrots
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 c Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Beat Organic Canola Oil, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add half to wet ingredients and mix.
- Add grated carrots to remaining flour mixture and stir. Add to wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Scoop into paper liners. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 8 minutes and move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla in bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 -5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Makes 11 cupcakes.
2. Make Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes
To make chocolate buttercream, blend 1 stick of unsalted butter with 1 cup of confectioner's sugar, 1/4 c cocoa powder and 1 tbsp milk of your choice. Whip for 3-5 minutes. Fill piping bag with tip #5 and chocolate buttercream. Decorate with naturally colored chocolate eggs or chocolate covered almonds.
3. Peep Peep Rice Krispies Treats
These little peeps are vegan and delicious.
- 6 tbsp Vegan Butter such as Earth Balance
- 2 10oz bags of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 1 tsp natural yellow food coloring such as McCormincks
- 8 c Rice Krispies
- Melt vegan butter over medium heat in pot. Add marshmallows and stir occasionally until melted.
- Add natural food coloring and stir.
- Stir in Rice Krispies until it is fully coated. Move to coated 9x13 pans. Gently press to even out.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Use 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Place on the side.
- Make buttercream by whipping together 4 tbsp vegan butter with 1/2 c Confectioner's Sugar and 1 tsp of food coloring. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Fill piping bag with tip #5 and yellow buttercream. Gently squeeze to form eyes, beak and feet. Add candy eyes to finish.