Bubble Tea Lovers, this Boba Cake is for you! 🧋It’s gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free. Follow for more fun, healthy baking ideas.
- 2 1/2 c GF Flour
- 1/4 c Arrowroot Powder (or Cornstarch)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Earl Grey teabags
- 1 c Monkfruit Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 c Plant Milk (room temp)
- 2/3 c Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 sticks of Unsalted Vegan Butter
- 1 3/4 c Monkfruit Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 Earl Grey Teabag
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Earl Grey tea (concentrated)
- 1/2 c Boba, made according to package
- Dark Chocolate Eyes and Mouth
- Spray two 6" pans with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Earl Grey tea and Monkfruit Confectioner's Sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together plant-based milk, vinegar, vanilla and melted and cooled coconut oil. Add to dry ingredients.
- Using a large cookie scoop or ice-cream scoop, separate batter evenly between both pans. There will be extra batter for 2 cupcakes. Bake for 32 - 35 minutes. Remove cupcakes at 20 minutes.
- After cake has cooled in pan for 8 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter for 3 minutes and slowly add Monkfruit Confectioner's Sugar. Beat well. Add Earl Grey tea and Cocoa Powder. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Frost first layer of cake. Add second layer and frost completely. Pipe border using a 17 tip.
- Make boba according to package and spread on top of cake.
- Add dark chocolate eyes and mouth along with straw.