BANANA BREAD BREAKFAST BARS
These are the perfect plant-based breakfast bars to eat at home or on the go (and even as a snack in a lunch box). They are nutrition packed, moist and hearty.
- Bananas - rich in Potassium, Magnesium & Vitamin C
- Organic Oats - high in Fiber, Protein & Manganese
- Whole Wheat Flour - packed with Protein, Fiber & B Vitamins
- Oat Milk - plant-based milk with all the benefits of oats
- Organic Applesauce - provides fiber, Vitamin C and moisture to any baked good
- Organic Peanut Butter - adds protein and creaminess
Here is how easy these are to make.
- 1 Medium Banana - diced
- 2 c Organic Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 c Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (highly recommend Burlap & Barrel)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 c Oat Milk
- 3 tbsp Organic Honey
- 2 tbsp Organic Peanut Butter (or Sunflower Butter)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Dark Chocolate (highly recommend Kanda Chocolates)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8x8 inch pan and line with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together organic oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, organic cinnamon and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oat milk, organic honey, organic peanut butter, vanilla extract and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well. Fold in diced bananas and pour into pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool for for 20 minutes.
- Move to cutting board and cut into bars.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds. Drizzle on bars. Enjoy!
Make 8 delicious and nutritious plant-based bars.